Friday, July 1, 2011

Artist Spotlight & Summer Playlist {Song #10: Captivated by Shawn McDonald}

On Monday, June 27th, I got to see Shawn McDonald at KXOJ's Riverwalk Concert Series in Jenks.  It was a great concert and Shawn's passion is felt in each of his songs which are all written by himself.  My friend and college partner-in-crime, Patti works for KXOJ doing promotions so I stuck around afterwards to help "close up shop"...and yes, I admit, to meet Shawn.

We got to chat with him for a little and talk about different things like having a "community" around you and the fact you can spot a musician a mile a way, skinny jeans and all.  Ha.  Shawn was a really genuine guy and super nice.  Through working with bands at Falls Creek and being around various musicians in general, Shawn's definitely one of my favorites.

One of my favorite songs that Shawn played Monday night was actually the only one I videoed taped.  It was really good acoustically but the album version is definitely download-worthy.  I hope you enjoy Captivated by Shawn McDonald as much as I do!

There's no "official video" but below is what I taped of the song and click here to hear the album version of the song.



Calli

Listening to:
Roots
by Shawn McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...