Thursday, December 20, 2012

Woo-Hoo College + {Bootstraps}

I love my friends.  Friends from my college years hold an extra special place in my heart.  We had some good, bad, and ugly times but we also had some pretty amazing ones too.  {Most of us} have  graduated, gotten married, had babies, moved to a different state or country, decided to go back for more torture, er I mean, schooling to get a Master's Degree or even a Ph. D. {smarty pants}.  So, when I get to see some of those friends, especially a lot of them in one setting, I get really giddy and nostalgic.  This past weekend, I went to one of my college friend's stateside wedding reception and got to see quite a few people I haven't seen since graduation.  Talk about good medicine for the heart.  Love you guys, so glad I got to see each one of you!

The band I'm posting about today was actually recommended by one of my good college friends/old roommate/birthday buddy, Stephanie.  She ran off to a different state after college that has beautiful snow-capped mountains and breathtaking, picturesque landscape in pursuit of a Master's degree.  Stephanie has such an eye for detail and so much creativity and talent that I know she'll do amazing at whatever she does in life.

The past year with the incorporation of Spotify into my music-listening life, Steph and I have periodically sent each other suggestions we thought the other one would like.  Steph really hit one out of the park when she suggested I listen to Bootstraps.  The lead singer's voice has a Ray LaMontagne sound that's easy on the ears.  The overall sound of their self-titled debut album has a very nostalgic feel that's perfect for anything from a lazy afternoon to chill music playing in the background for a gathering with friends, college friends at that.  The lyrics in each song reinforce the sentimentality like the Fortyfive {see video below} and in my favorite song on the album, Sleeping Giant:
i don’t wanna fight it and left our love a sleeping giant...
some old girl weighs on ya mind heavy as the web of lies,
that some old kid has always told left ages since we spoke,
like boney branches overgrown hack out the limbs,
with roots below but you and i undivided
don’t leave ya love, a sleeping giant 
So, indulge yourself in the nostalgic sounds of Bootstraps during this holiday season filled with family and friends.  Hugs some necks and allow yourself to relive a few of those good times with the people you hold most dear.

Calli

Listening to
Bootstraps
by Bootstraps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...