Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Playlist {Song #15: Howl by Florence + The Machine}

What up peeps?  So, I promised to blog about 15 songs for my Summer Playlist and by george, I've finally completed it!  Thanks for hanging in there with me and I hope you've fallen in love with some new artists and discovered other artists/songs along the way!

Now, don't be too hasty to judge...but, Song #15 is by an artist I've come to know because of the Twilight soundtracks.  The Eclipse soundtrack to be exact.  Yes, I read the books; Yes, I've gone to the midnight premieres; Yes, I pre-order every soundtrack; No, I do not own the movies.  I think author Stephenie Meyers has a say in what songs are used (she loves Muse for goodness' sakes!) but every soundtrack has had a great lineup of artists and songs.  For example: Cee-Lo Green, The Bravery, Muse,  Bon Iver, Paramore, Death Cab for Cutie, Thom Yorke (for all you Radiohead fans out there), Grizzly Bear, Iron & Wine....the list could go on and on.

ANYWAYS.  I love just about every song on Florence + The Machine's album "Lungs."  Florence or "Flo" has an amazing set of lungs and can belt it out like nobody's business.  She just has a power that's unlike any other female artist I know, with the exception of Adele.  Although her music videos are pretty weird, she seems like a cool person especially after watching her getting groovy to Beyonce.  FUN FACT: Glee has even featured her song "Dog Days Are Over" in the Special Education episode.  NOT SO FUN FACT: I would usually say that the song was down well on Glee, but I have to say for this song, they didn't even get near the level of power that Florence is able to relay in her performances - live or recorded in a studio.  Sorry, Gleeks, but it's true.

So, without further ado and FINALLY, I give you my last and final song for Summer Playlist:  Howl by Florence + The Machine.




Calli

Listening to
Lungs
by Florence + The Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...