Sunday, March 27, 2011

Summer Playlist {Song #2}

Well, hello topic of Summer Playlist almost a month later...woops.  As you can see from my prior post that I’ve been a little busy out and about in Chi-town.  But, don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about letting you in on my Summer Playlist! 

It’s funny how easy it is for people to so easily connect over music and become friends.  I mentioned in my previous post about meeting up with one of the guys {Ryan} that goes to school up by Chicago.   I have grown up with him and his brother in church and at school but I’ve never had more than a two or three sentence conversation with him.  I knew he played football and that was about it {not implying that he's a dumb jock, btw}.  Somehow Ryan and I got to talking about music and different concerts we’d been to {NeedtoBreathe and Muse to name a few good ones}.  He asked if I’d ever heard of The Temper Trap, handed me his iPod and I started to become acquainted with an awesome band as our group walked down the Navy Pier to see Chicago at it's finest.

Kudos goes out to Ryan for this next song on my Summer Playlist.  This is a great band and their album is awesome - highly recommend it.  Without further ado, I give you Fader by The Temper Trap.
  


The moral of the story is: get to know people that are "right under your nose" - they may surprise you - and music can connect what may seem like two completely different people.  So, when this song comes up on my playlist, I'll think of walking along the Navy Pier looking at the beautiful city lights of downtown Chicago... 

Calli

Listening to:

Conditions

By The Temper Trap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...