Tuesday, March 5, 2013

{Amor Fati} by Washed Out

First of all, sorry for falling off the face of the earth for a few weeks.  The last two specifically have been rather hectic/crazy/sad...

Good news though...I'm back and just in time to help you spruce up your iPod/playlist for Spring roll-your-windows-down weather. Yay!

I used to download the Urban Outfitters playlists as a resource to find new music but I got so behind {having a big girl/boy job tends to cut into "your" time, haha} that I had to part ways and go a slower/different route.  Parting is such sweet sorrow... However, before I "broke it off," I did discover the sounds of Washed Out - a one man "dream pop" band from Georgia. {Wonder if he knows Honey Boo Boo?}

One song in particular makes my "windows-down" playlist no matter what: "Amor Fati" which Wikipedia defines as...
a Latin phrase loosely translating to 'love of fate' or 'love of one's fate.' It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good. 
Considering the fact that we are coming out of a season where everything has died, we can see now with our own eyes that the "suffering and loss" has paved a way for new life to "spring" up all around us.  Just a thought...

So, check out Amor Fati with a sound reminiscent of the Breakfast Club's theme song which is, in my book, perfect for a anyone's "windows-down" playlist.

Calli

Now Playing
Life of Leisure
by Washed Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...